THINGS TO DO IN CHARLOTTE
Our name says it all, Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre, so our location's kind of a no-brainer. Guests can easily find a variety of things to do in Charlotte located nearby. Found in the heart of the city's central "Uptown" district and just off the I-277 loop, we're most easily reached by car. Hop on the highway and you'll be here in no time! Plus, wheels give you the flexibility to zip around to nearby businesses and area attractions with ease.
If you're flying in from afar, Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, only 8 miles away, is your best bet. Served by all the major domestic airlines and several international carriers, it's a handy hub for arriving in the area. You should have no problem finding a flight to suit your schedule.
Use this form to enter your address and get driving directions to the hotel.
Parking Information - $20 per night for self-parking and $25 per night for valet parking
- Railway - Charlotte Train Station (AAY)
Travel Distance: Approximately 3.22 km/2.0 miles
- Taxi - If you prefer not to drive, hop in a cab. The fare from the airport to the hotel averages about $35.
- Rental Car - Once you make it through baggage claim, driving's the simplest option. You'll find all the major car rental companies at the airport, and getting here is a quick half-hour on the highway.
Avis Rent A Car (704) 331-9007
Hertz Car Rental (704) 444-2746
Enterprise Rent A Car (866) 799-7959
Triangle Rent A Car (866) 412-1649
- City Rail System - Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS)
Getting around the city is a breeze. The Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) will zip you around the city on everything from a speedy light rail to an historic streetcar. Call the hotel or stop by the front desk and we'll give you the full rundown.
If you require transportation assistance, or if you have any additional requests, please feel free to contact us at (704) 333-1999.
While you are visiting with us, check out our favorite attractions and things to do in Charlotte:
- Charlotte Convention Center (.4 miles) – Find over 280,000 square feet of exhibit space at the Charlotte Convention Center. Stay at the Aloft during your visit, conveniently just blocks away.
- Mint Museum of Art (2.7 miles) – Explore the museum where you'll find a deep sense of dedication to collecting, conserving, exhibiting, and protecting important works of art from all over the world.
- The EpiCentre – The Aloft is located at the EpiCentre – you can’t get closer than that! The EpiCentre offers cafes, restaurants, late night spots, and retail. It's perfect for friends, family, and co-workers to mingle all day or all night. Click here to learn more.
- Time Warner Cable Arena (.1 miles) – Check out the home of the Charlotte Hornets and the Charlotte Checkers right down the street. Our hotel near Time Warner Cable Arena invites you to check out a big game, concert or event at the famous venue.
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra (.3 miles) – Visit the largest and most active professional performing arts organization in the central Carolinas. The Charlotte Symphony gives around 100 performances each season.
- Bank of America Stadium (.9 miles) – Our hotel near Bank of America Stadium is located nearby the headquarters for the Carolina Panthers NFL football team. Bank of America Stadium is also home to the ACC Championship football game and college bowl game.
- Carowinds Amusement Park (13.3 miles) – We recommend you don't miss the Thrill Capital of the Southeast. Carowinds Amusement Park has plenty of rides and attractions plus live entertainment the whole family will enjoy.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (15.6 miles) – Enjoy thrilling races and events, such as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and exciting shows like the Charlotte AutoFair. Our hotel near Charlotte Motor Speedway places you close to all the action.